HLHS Pictures, Images and Photos hypoplastic left heart syndrome Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday 4/28 Update!!

Hi Everyone Im Christina Emmas mom!! Welcome to her blog. In addition to Stephanie and Bridget (my sister) I will be updating Emmas day to day info. I want to take a moment to thank everyone for all there love, dedication, prayers and support for my family and I. The past 9 months have been harder than I ever imagined and without everyone I never would have gotten through many days. Emma, her brother (Ryan), her sister (Jasilyn), her dad (Kevin) and me are so blessed to have all of you in our lives!!

As of today Emma is recovering from her setback last week nicely. All of her labs are slowly trending back to normal levels for her and on her latest echo this morning her heart function was slightly better. The drs know that her function will never be what is was before again which is why she has been listed for transplant but they believe it will recover enough that they can maintain her with Dopamine and Milrinone ( 2 heart medications) through her central line. They plan to attempt to extubate Emma on Friday or early next week and let her wait for her heart off of the venilator but with knowledge that at any point she may need to be placed back on life support if her function deteriorates any further.

I pray that Emma can gain more weight which will make surgery safer and a greater success and grow and strive with her family off the vent as she waits for her New Heart! I cannot believe that one day my precious daughter will have a "whole" heart!!

Thanks again for all the support and prayers as we join Emma in her journey while waiting for a heart!!!

0 comments: